Cheap Air Astana Flights
Enter Air Astana Dates
see hotel deals for your dates too:
Air Astana: One of the Industry’s Fastest Growing Airlines Air Astana was not founded in the fall of 2001 with the purpose of conducting international passenger flights. Multinational defense company BAE Systems was assigned by Kazakhstan head of state, President Nursultan Nazarbayev, as part of a domestic radar contract that never got off the ground. The charge of the airline then was given to former British Airways executive Lloyd Paxton, and maiden flights were made by Boeing 737s.
After the previous flag carrier Air Kazakhstan filed for bankruptcy in 2004, Air Astana expanded its network to include international destinations Abu Dhabi, Istanbul, Moscow, Beijing, Frankfurt, and London. The increase in operations necessitated the purchase of several Boeing 737s that were used until 2008, later replaced by wide-body Boeing 767 models and Airbus A320 aircraft. Currently, Air Astana has a fleet of over 30 aircraft composed of Boeing 757 and 767 models, and Airbus A319, A320, and A321 models, and Embraer 190 jets, all serving over 60 domestic and international routes to include New Delhi and Kiev.
Airline Services Available to Passengers Pre-flight services
- Online flight booking for individuals and groups for one-way, round trip, and multiple destination itineraries in various fare classes. Also includes booking options for hotels, vacation packages, and car rental services, Discounts are also available on fares for youth and seniors
- Real-time flight information, timetables, flight maps, and seating charts
- Baggage allowances calculated by weight, not by piece count, in kilograms. Economy class passengers are permitted a maximum of 20kg (45lb.) and business class passengers are permitted 30kg (67lb.). Excess baggage rates are based on destinations
- Special services: Unaccompanied minors, special equipment, passengers with disabilities, pets, special meal plans, lounge access
- Frequent flyer program: The NOMAD club has online enrollment which allows for points to be earned immediately. Blue, Silver, and Gold card statuses are based on travel participation and with Air Astana partners
- Business, Economy Sleeper, and Standard Economy class seats are available based on flight accommodations
- Dining options include a variety of cuisines from Arabia, Asia, and Europe
- In-flight entertainment provided by KCTV to include TV and movie programs from all over the globe. access to music, video games, and sports channels